Skip to main content

Two Pigs

She was an 'A' of awkward and 'M' of miserable. She was a 'D' of dumb and 'I' of immature.  Too awkward to fit in, too miserable because she was dumb to see the true faces of people maybe because she was too immature. Mistakes and hence were made.

8 years ago, as I recall, I met her. Dressed in black pants and green top, with her hair tied as a bun, plump cheeks and petite. She was sitting alone in her classroom seat. Hiding from everyone. I met her there, but before I could talk to her, her friend came looking for her through the doors. As I noticed this guy, with shoulder-length dirty, uncombed hair, dark skin, and a round face with lips that smoked, he reached out to her and sat beside her in silence. From that day on, he became her best friend.

But life is not a fairy tale........ Some best friends stay, some best friends fall apart, some best friends are just not really best friends until the end, and some, no matter how much we try to keep, go away.

At her home, lying by her bed, she reads her phone. I could tell, she was surprised yet it was not hard to tell she saw it coming. She was not sure how to react. She looked confused and worried. Losing someone so dear to you makes you do things, otherwise you wouldn't do. So did she,that night. A decision that changed her life. Some best friends are meant to be just friends, some are meant to be lovers. For her it was the former, for him it was the latter.

A month into it, she was getting irritated. A month into it, he was getting miserable. Irritated was she, because she was not into him. Miserable was he, because she did not treat him right.

It could still have been a happy story though, but she was the "I" of immature and he was the "I" of insecure and they were nowhere near "T" of trust, they were only "M" of misunderstanding.
He was mad because he thought she lied to him, she was furious because he wrongly trusted the accusations, she never said a word to correct him, and he never said a word to ask her why. For him, silence was his power, for her silence was her revolt.

Yet, she hopes maybe one day she could tell him what really had happened. No judgment. Like the others did. Yet she hopes, he'll understand despite his friends telling him otherwise.

And here I am, eyeing over the stories of others, and here I am, trying to make stories of him and her, two pigs, pink and black as they fondly liked calling each other. While they move on far ahead into their future, here I am prying and looking. Looking. Searching. Finding. Reaching. Reaching out.

Comments

Popular

Days of life

Lifeless am i? Laying down On my bed I cant move I can see I cant hear Thoughts have conjested A cup of tea i ask Nd a bed to sleep And let me live in peace 12 inch washing tub Placed in my bedroom  I have shame but had no washroom So let me live in peace So the other day i text ya know? My bunch of people I tell em am tensed got some problem at work Ya know they were tensed equally? Alas not a lil trace of it for me , shoot. Why are you scared? Did you do something wrong? Am only human, too much on my mind, you only add to my pain Oh my mother don't know But she has nothing to worry about She asks me to help her But i cant move a feet She is tired of physical pain I am tired of my thoughts At nights i awoke, there was a fight i had to win Asked for help And now the enemy is butchering me My body lies in my bed Lifeless I cant move a feet I can only see My heart is so heavy Weaving thoughts and we

My Lucid Dream

I want to spread my arms As wide as i can Close my  eyes  Shut everything off And let myself go Fall so deep And as i fall I want to fly  As high as i can go Live my dream Feel the excitement of flying No more as a dream No more so real yet so dreamy feel The clear blue sky above me And oh so far the land is I rest then upon the green grass ground See the beautiful white clouds Like a hot air balloon In the sky I see the beautiful mountains Oh so beautiful they are As i am flying  Only my eyes and memories have them captured My eyes open I am in my bed But i cant let go of my dream So i wana spread my arms As wide as i can Shut my eyes off And let myself go Fall deep  Fall so deep  And as i almost touch the ground I will find my wings....

A strange friendship

Lately I haven't been a morning person. Well who am i kidding i have never been a morning person. Anyways, today i had to visit a temple nearby because my mom wanted me to. So in my own time i went there. I organized my puja thali. And when i was doing so I noticed a little girl who was looking at what i was doing fascinatingly. There was this goat as well who was also fascinated by some flowers and a raddish i had in my thali.  I started doing my puja, fully aware the goat was eyeing my puja thali.  In our culture we first offer puja to lord ganesh. Only then we offer puja to other gods. After doing the same, offering my puja to lord ganesh,i went inside the main temple of Bhairav. She tagged along and later i realized so did the goat.  The goat was disturbing  in a cute way. And the lil girl forcefully offered her help by holiding my thali for me. While i was kneeling down and doing my worship, she was making offerings from the thali herself.  And our bond started. The tem