Skip to main content

A strange friendship

Lately I haven't been a morning person. Well who am i kidding i have never been a morning person. Anyways, today i had to visit a temple nearby because my mom wanted me to. So in my own time i went there. I organized my puja thali. And when i was doing so I noticed a little girl who was looking at what i was doing fascinatingly. There was this goat as well who was also fascinated by some flowers and a raddish i had in my thali.  I started doing my puja, fully aware the goat was eyeing my puja thali. 
In our culture we first offer puja to lord ganesh. Only then we offer puja to other gods. After doing the same, offering my puja to lord ganesh,i went inside the main temple of Bhairav. She tagged along and later i realized so did the goat.
 The goat was disturbing  in a cute way. And the lil girl forcefully offered her help by holiding my thali for me. While i was kneeling down and doing my worship, she was making offerings from the thali herself. 
And our bond started. The temple isn't  so big yet it consists of about 20+ statues of different gods. After offerin to lord ganesh, and lord bhairav, we went ahead to offer the remaining gods. At first she was helping me by handing me the flower pieces from my thali but then she was herself so excited to do the puja that i let her do it. 
What's the big deal anyway right?
I taught her a little on how to do it.
And she would ask me the name of the god sometimes or so i think. I am not really sure what she was asking but my reply was a "i dont know" expression most of the time. I, at first, thought she was dumb but an elder women there told me she was deaf as well. At one point she pointed at her nose and as far as my knowledge told me  she was asking for my name. And i did tell her but i don't know if she understood. Then she was signing for height and i was guessing she was asking for my age but we both got confused on what each of us were trying to tell that we let it go. 
We also let go something she tried telling me by pointing at my feet. But yes i did understand very clearly everything she tried teaching me on doing a puja (haha ironic). She would ask me to offer the "jal" so she could put on "aabir keshari sindur " to the forehead of god. Then she would hand me flower petals to put them on the top of the statue. She would ask me to put my hair behind and kneel to the feet of the statue.

She posing for the camera

It was all special to me to have that little bond. Later she was asking if i had any money which unfortunately i hadn't. So i offered to take pictures and she was really happy about it. At first i took her picture but later she was asking me to pose so she could take some of mine. It was with real excitement she was doing it. And all that time i was trying to figure a way to tell her the front camera is open. Hahah. So yeah she did take pictures of me. And we also took a selfie.
It was then time for me to go. She was again hoping i could hand her some money. She was a little disappointed but i guess it was OK with her. Yet i did check my bag(my mother uses it) and i  did find money yeah. 
While leaving she was trying to tell me something i hardly understood. I expressed that i was leaving in a scooter. She than waved at someone and i asked her if that is her mom. She nodded.
Now did we miscommunicate? I don't know.
But was all this special in its own way?
Yes it was. 
God bless us all.

Our selfie.

Comments

Popular

Days of life

Lifeless am i? Laying down On my bed I cant move I can see I cant hear Thoughts have conjested A cup of tea i ask Nd a bed to sleep And let me live in peace 12 inch washing tub Placed in my bedroom  I have shame but had no washroom So let me live in peace So the other day i text ya know? My bunch of people I tell em am tensed got some problem at work Ya know they were tensed equally? Alas not a lil trace of it for me , shoot. Why are you scared? Did you do something wrong? Am only human, too much on my mind, you only add to my pain Oh my mother don't know But she has nothing to worry about She asks me to help her But i cant move a feet She is tired of physical pain I am tired of my thoughts At nights i awoke, there was a fight i had to win Asked for help And now the enemy is butchering me My body lies in my bed Lifeless I cant move a feet I can only see My heart is so heavy Weaving thoughts and we

My Lucid Dream

I want to spread my arms As wide as i can Close my  eyes  Shut everything off And let myself go Fall so deep And as i fall I want to fly  As high as i can go Live my dream Feel the excitement of flying No more as a dream No more so real yet so dreamy feel The clear blue sky above me And oh so far the land is I rest then upon the green grass ground See the beautiful white clouds Like a hot air balloon In the sky I see the beautiful mountains Oh so beautiful they are As i am flying  Only my eyes and memories have them captured My eyes open I am in my bed But i cant let go of my dream So i wana spread my arms As wide as i can Shut my eyes off And let myself go Fall deep  Fall so deep  And as i almost touch the ground I will find my wings....